Microsoft Navision Implementation, Integration & Customization – São Paulo ERP market notes
Microsoft Navision is localized and translated into Brazilian Portuguese to be efficient MRP/ERP/accounting solution for Brazilian enterprises as well as for subsidiaries or manufacturing facilities of multinational corporations and companies, participating in international business.
Microsoft Business Solutions, Microsoft Navision, Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Sao Paulo Brazil ERP market
Microsoft Navision is localized and translated into Brazilian Portuguese to be efficient MRP/ERP/accounting solution for Brazilian enterprises as well as for subsidiaries or manufacturing facilities of multinational corporations and companies, participating in international business. We plan to inform potential customer about the situation on Brazilian ERP market and particularly in Sao Paulo, based on our consulting practice experience. We also plan similar publications on Axapta, SAP Business One, Oracle E-Business Suite (also often referred as Oracle Financials, or Oracle Applications)
• São Paulo Economy. Being largest South American megapolis, Sao Paulo and the state provide approximately 75% of nation output in machinery, rubber, electrical products & goods. Heavy industries include motor vehicles, electrical equipment, computers, chemicals. Consumer goods: textiles, food processing, china & pottery, household utensils, furniture.
• State production centers. Campinas, Sorocaba, Jundiaí, Cubatão, and Ribeirão Prêto – last couple of decades production facilities moved out of city of Sao Paulo to other locations in the state. The city of Sao Paulo has traditional businesses: banking centers, finance, corporate headquarters, etc. The city also serves a rich agricultural hinterland, one of the most productive agricultural areas in the nation. Soybeans and especially coffee are of great commercial significance.
• Navision. Microsoft Business Solutions has several ERP applications – Microsoft Navision, Great Plains, Axapta, Solomon, Microsoft CRM, etc. Microsoft is on the way of so-called Project Green realization and you may of heard the new names: Microsoft Dynamics NAV (Navision), Microsoft Dynamics AX (Axapta), etc. Navision Software was purchased by Microsoft in earlier 21st century and before that Navision had very strong positions in Europe, especially in Manufacturing MRP & corporate ERP market. In our opinion Manufacturing module implementation is critical for Sao Paulo market.
• Localization. Microsoft probed several applications on Brazilian market: Solomon (2002-2003), then Great Plains (our company was chosen as official partner for Brazilian version localization), but later on the final decision was made on Navision (Axapta will be also available in it localized version in 2006). One of the challenges for ERP localization for Brazilian market is unique tax code. Unique tax code probably supports strong positions of local ERP packages, such as Microsiga, RM, etc.
• Customization. Navision has its own proprietary language C/Side and currently Microsoft recommends MS SQL Server as the database platform. Plus the future customization directions will be focused on XML web services and developers will be deploying Microsoft Visual Studio.Net
• Integration. Considering MS SQL Server platform – software programmers have all the spectrum of integration technologies: ODBC, JDBC, Microsoft will be moving more functionality to business portal – where Navision logic will be called through the sets of stored procedures and be exposed through SDK. Open MS SQL Server technologies gives you SQL based reporting, you can deploy such industry standard tools as Crystal Reports, MS SQL Server Reporting services, etc.
You can always appeal to our help and expertise – in our Sao Paulo office we have all Navision expertise, plus Microsoft CRM, MS Great Plains, Axapta, SAP, Oracle, Lotus Notes Domino. Please give as a call São Paulo 55-11-3826-3449, USA 1-866-528-0577, 1-630-961-5918! email@example.com